With the Sailsense Mobile App installed, your client can connect to their rental boat. To be able to do so, you need to grant them access inside the Web Dashboard.
To grant access to a given boat to the person who rented it out, follow the steps below:
- Login to the Fleet Management Dashboard: app.sailsense.io
- Navigate to Rentals in the top menu.
- Choose Add a rental.
- Select the boat of your choice.
- Select a start and end time for the rental period.
(1) the end time cannot be prior to the start time;
(2) you cannot create a rental that ends in the past
- Select "Send Email" and enter your client's email address.
If you do not have your customer's email address, unselect "Send Email".
- Click add to save this rental session.
Note: press F5 if the rental you created is not displayed on the calendar view
Your customer will shortly receive an email with his or her rental code. He or she can use this code to add the boat to his Sailsense Mobile app.
In case you did not provide any customer email address in the previous step, you will have to provide the rental code to your customer by your own means (SMS, whatsapp, paper, ...).
Note: rental codes are unique to each rental. They can however be shared with the crew of the same rental.
More about this topic:
- Where can I find the rental code?
- When and how long will my customer have access to the boat data in their Sailsense Mobile App?
- How to add a boat in the Sailsense Mobile app?